Sunday 14 November 2010

Finals and Mounting

Here are my final images I will be submitting, I have a mixture of some with a person in the image, and some without.
These are the finished edited images.
Flyers on the table. Added contrast, burned round the edges.
 Liked the above image simply because it's abstract on what is visible, yet it does show a person in it, but the sunglasses cover their face.





Giant pink cup. Cloned out the bag on the left of the image so it looked more symmetrical, burned in round the edges, added a small amount of contrast because it didn't need alot due to the vibrancy of the pink glass.
Love the pink glass photo because I hardly had to edit the colours or vibrancy of the photo at all, I think because the light is very bright shining through the window which has reflected onto the glass and the table, making it look slightly ghostly because of all the light patches dotted around the table.


Ketchup and clingfilm. Burned around the edges, added contrast.
 I like how the kecthup bottle frames the photo and draws in your attention, Again, only the bottom half of the model's face is visible, making it less personal, and making her have less of an 'identity'. 


The kitchen sink. Again, burned round the edges to draw in focus, cropped the image slightly so the model was centre.
 I like the angle and perspective of the above image, and that I have de-personalised the model by only showing her legs and feet. 




Water glass. Added contrast, burned in edges.
 The above image is my favourite out of them all, because I like the fact that even though you can see the model's face, you can't see her eyes, which has made it less personal, and I think this is because people's eyes show alot of emotion and feelings. Also love the perspective of this image, I wanted the glass to be off-centre, as I think it draws you into the back of the photo where the model is


     Murky pot. Cloned out the knife because it was distracting, added contrast.       
 Love this image because it is murky and mysterious, and the water is dirty so you can't really see what's in the pan.

I have now printed my images using photo glossy paper on my own printer in my uni room, (I was slightly anxious as to how they'd turn out because I haven't used photo paper before in that printer) and they have come out very well, and to a high quality which is good!! I then mounted them onto thick black card using double-sided tape (much better than glue which can make pictures soggy and is more messy) and have written my name on the back of each photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment