Monday 8 November 2010

Decisions decisions.....

Haven't done a new post for a while, but I was thinking that I might do the 'Exposed' competition instead of the 'Red for Heart' one, after our group tutorial on Wednesday and talking to Hannah about our ideas, and hearing other people talking about their thoughts I decided to change my mind as it gave me more inspiration than the 'Red for Heart' competition did. Also I think the Exposed one is more open minded and it can be more abstract.
I love the idea of photographing people in their everyday lives, doing normal things, as if to show how you can make the photograph interesting even if the subject you're shooting doesn't appear interesting at first. For instance someone eating, reading a book, smoking, laughing, asleep, without make-up on, etc, the list could go on..... and along with people, I also think it would be interesting to photograph objects and 'things' rather than people, for instance rubbish, dirt, dust on the floor, shoes, un-eaten food, etc. I feel this is another way of 'exposing' things, instead of taking a photo of pretty surroundings and beautiful views, I'd like to photograph a side to our lives that isn't necessarily seen as beautiful, and is usually ignored. I'd like to think it would be documenting, similar to how surveillance and cameras work.

No comments:

Post a Comment